Student Tours of El Paso International Airport are offered on a first come, first served basis. Please read the information below before requesting your tour.
DESCRIPTION OF AVAILABLE TOURS:
SAFETY AND SECURITY Students will learn how the Airport provides for the safety of its passengers. Students will tour the Airport fire station, see a training aircraft close up, as well as meet with our K-9 explosives detection team and Airport Operations Officers.
PATH OF A PASSENGER Students will have the opportunity to follow the path of a typical passenger and learn first hand what they need to do when catching a flight at the Airport. Students will speak with an airline representative about topics such as ticketing, checking luggage, finding their gate, etc. Students will visit the Destination El Paso Airport Information Desk and visit with the Transportation Security Administration about the security checkpoint process. Due to security regulations and time constraints, it is not possible to board an airplane during the tour.
- Due to the popularity of tours, it is highly recommended that tours be booked one month in advance.
- Tours are generally scheduled Tuesdays, 9:00am-11:00am.
- Tours are not guaranteed until you receive a confirmation from an EPIA official detailing your participation date and program guidelines.
- Groups should have between 10–25 students to participate. Groups larger than 25 students cannot be accommodated in one tour.
- Please contact us to see if we can accommodate your group on multiple dates.
- Tours are subject to change or cancellation based upon weather, Airport conditions, and staffing availability.
- It is recommended that there be at least one chaperon for every ten students. We suggest one chaperon for every five students under the age of eight and a maximum of 4 adults.
- Adults will need to bring government-issued photo identification on the day of the tour.
- Parking for School Buses is free at the loading curb to the east of the terminal, but the driver must remain with the bus at all times. If arriving in private vehicles, parking is available in the short term parking lot and it is $1.00 per hour. If touring the Airport Fire station, special parking arrangements need to be made as the entrance to the facility is at a different location from the Airport main terminal, it is highly recommended to arrive in one bus and at least 15 min. in advance of your tour time.
To reserve a tour, please complete the tour request form below: